Why do you need to register your Electric Bikes in LTO
How to register E-Bikes in LTO – As reported by ABS-CBN News, electric vehicles are covered by the Land Transportation Code according to LTO and must be registered and used with a license. Sellers, even buyers, of e-bikes should know about it, the agency added. But when the news broke out seems like a lot of people was shocked. That is why we look gather all the information we can on how to register your e-bikes in LTO.
To be fair on the Land Transportation Office ( LTO ) everything that is increasing in numbers must be regulated. E-Bikes are not know for their speed so it can cause delay if it forced itself to travel in a busy highway. We also know that E-Bikes are now being made in different forms. In our baranggay itseld we have e-bikes on 3 wheels which can carry 5 passenger including the driver. And most of the driver of it are teens meaning they don’t have their own Driver’s License. Having a guidelines and set of rules to control this kind of motorized vehicle is not a bad idea after all.
What will be the sanction if you don’t register your E-Bikes in LTO?
The Land Transportation Office’s (LTO) is impounding unlicensed electronic bicycles (e-bikes). To get it back you need to pay P10,000. While the driver who can’t provide a driver license during apprehension won’t be able to get a Student License for 1 year.
How to register E-bikes in LTO
This article is based on the the requirements and steps in registering light electric vehicles as required by the LTO’s AO-2006-01.
- prepare your requirements. Each requirement below has their own way of getting accomplished. Olanap.com will try to cover each of them in the later articles:
- commercial invoice of the vehicle from the country of origin
- BOC Certificate of Payment
- Certificate of Stock Reported ( CSR )
- sales invoice of MV with sales evaluation from the regional office
- PNP-TMG MV Clearance Certificate
- a duly accomplished and approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Report ( MVIR )
- appropriate insurance certificate of cover
- Taxpayer’s Identification Number ( TIN )
- Proceed to the transaction counters and submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.
- Actual inspection of motor vehicles with duly accomplished MVIR.
- Proceed to the cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt ( OR ).
- Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration ( CR ), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.
LTO offices to register E-Bikes
- Diliman District Office
- Quezon City District Office
- Pasay District Office
- Caloocan District Office
According to LTO Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. We regulate these e-bikes too so it would be fair to all motorists. We somewhat agree with that. How about you guys? Please share your thoughts by commenting below. To be updated on what matters Like our Facebook Page and Bookmark our website. You can also send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org Adios!