How to renew LTO Drivers License
How to renew LTO Drivers License Non Professional guide 2017 – A driver’s license is an official document authorizing an individual to drive a motorized vehicle in the Philippines. The Land Transportation Office issues three types of driver’s licenses: student permit, non-professional driver’s license, and professional driver’s license. This guide will be focusing on the Non professional driver’s license which is the most common for Filipinos nowadays.
Reading this guide will save you a lot of time renewing your LTO Drivers License (Non Professional) since I will give you the steps and requirements to get things done. This is the most updated and comprehensive guide you will find out there as always Olanap.com Online guides for the Filipinos to the rescue. So let’s begin.
Requirements in renewing your LTO Drivers License
Before you can renew your LTO Drivers License (Non professional) you need to make sure that you are in this situation below or completed the documents you will be seeing:
- Current Non-Professional LTO Drivers License (NPDL), Professional Driver’s License (PDL) or Conductor’s License (CL) may apply for its renewal at least 1 month before its expiration but not more than two (2) years therefrom.
- If the expiry date falls on a weekend, holiday or non-working day, the license shall be renewed on or before the last working day prior to the expiry date of such licenses as provided for in the third paragraph of Section 24 of Republic Act No. 4136, otherwise the same shall become delinquent and invalid, except when the license is surrendered to the Director of his deputies on or before the last working day prior to the expiry date of such license as specified, in order to avoid payment of the delinquency fees.
- Bring your old LTO driver’s license for faster processing.
- Medical Certificates issued by any licensed and practicing physician and valid within fifteen (15) days from the date issued.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) (only for professional driver’s license applicants).
- Payment of required fees and charges.
- Personal appearance for photo-taking and biometric signature.
Note: You don’t really need all of them based on my experience just last week but since it was listed on the LTO website themselves much as well be prepared for it. The overall Fee or payment of renewing your LTO Drivers License (Non Professional) will go on the ₱ 800.00 – ₱ 1,000.00. Unlike the registration of your vehicles where you can have a proxy in this case it’s not allowed for the obvious reason that you need to pass the Reading test and check your physical features if you are fit to drive.
Steps in renewing your LTO Driver’s License Non Professional
- Window 1
- Proceed to a window where you will meet the LTO Evaluator, after getting the details surrounding your Driver’s License renewal he/she will most likely give you a stub and refer you to the Medical Room where you will be examined. One of the question you will be asked is if you want to update anything on your current LTO Drivers License like address or for women their surname if they got married. There will be a different procedure with that where you need to fill out a basic information form and an additional ₱ 100.00 processing fee.
- Window 2
- You will proceed to a in house LTO medical Facility where mainly you will be doing a reading test. My tip is before doing the test try to assess yourself first if you are in good condition. Specially if you came to a long ride in a hot sunny day where it can lessen the effectiveness of your eyesight. Try to rest a little before doing the test. Also they will be checking your physical feature and make sure you are fit to drive. After this you will be directed to go back to the LTO Evaluator in Window 1 to prepare your application form.
- Window 3
- The easiest Window, all you got to do is to pass the application form that was assessed by the LTO Evaluator in Window 1. This contains the Update information for if you updated any and the medical examination result. All you got to do now is wait.
- Window 4
- The releasing window. This is where you wait your renewed LTO Driver’s License (Non Professional) to be released. Be patient and congratulations!
Reminders in renewing your LTO Driver’s License Non Professional
- For instances where you are late in renewing your LTO Drivers License there is a penalty fee that you need to pay:
1 day to 1 year P75.00 1 day and 1 day to 2 years P150.00 More than 2 years P225.00
- As of March 27, 2017 where I got my own LTO Drivers License renewed here in LTO FTI Taguig branch they gave me June – July 2017 to get my LTO Drivers License card. For the meantime I only got a receipt. Lucky you if you will get yours right away.
I hope you enjoyed our Olanap.com How to renew LTO Drivers License Non Professional guide 2017 as always here we are delivering the most updated and comprehensive guide. Do not forget to leave a comment below for any clarifications. For updated post you can subscribe to our Mailing list, Bookmark our website or Like our Facebook Page. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Cheers!