How to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment for your passport
How to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment for your passport – It is not recommended that you back out of your initial scheduled DFA appointment. Specially if you are a new applicant. But there are just some things that we can’t control. Here’s comes Olanap.com to the rescue to you guys looking for a way to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment. We will make it nice and easy so that next time you will get that dream passport.
Earlier we wrote an article called “How to set a DFA appointment updated Guide 2017” which is getting a lot of views right and lots of people are saying that it was helpful. If you are into new application or renewal you may want to check that out also. Thanks to our Department of foreign affairs everything is online now which make it easier for you people to schedule, cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment for their passport. So lets begin!
Steps on How to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment for your passport
We will be writing this guide in two parts. One is for Cancellation the other is for reschdule. Make sure that you have that DFA Appointment code ready which you got on the confirmation Email when you first set up your appointment. You can your DFA Appointment code just like on the image below:
How to cancel your DFA appointment
For you to cancel your appointment you need the Appointment Code and the email address you used when you fill out the application form when you set your appointment. The appointment code can be found inside the confirmation email DFA sent to you or if you check the printed application form you will see a set of numbers at the bottom of the barcode, this is your appointment code. We really hope that you still have access on it because that’s your key to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment possible.
- Step 1 – You need to go to the DFA official website link -> www.passport.gov.ph/appointment/view. You will be asked to enter your Appointment code and Email address that you used in the Application.
- Step 2 – One you click the View Details button it will reveal your appointment date details, at the bottom part of the page you will see set of buttons, click “CANCEL APPOINTMENT”. Please note that you can only cancel 3 days before the confirmed date.
- Step 3 – You will be directed to a page which pretty much the same as the image above but this time click the “CANCEL APPOINTMENT” will cancel your DFA appointment for good. If you are really decided go ahead and click it. And now your should be seeing a page that looks like the one below. Congratulations you have now successfully cancelled your DFA Appointment for your passport.
And that concludes the first half of Olanap.com: How to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment guide.
How to reschedule your DFA appointment
For you to reschedule your DFA appointment you will be needing the Appointment Code and the email address you used when you fill out the application form when you set your appointment. Its like doing the same steps above but this time obviously you will be click the Reschedule Appointment button.
- Step 1 – Click on the “RESCHEDULE” button just like the one below
- Step 2 – When you click reschedule you will be taken back to the page where you will be setting a new appointment date, you can select the new DFA site and date, select the date that you want to make your appointment reschedule, then click CONFIRM.
IMPORTANT: You will receive an email confirmation for rescheduling your appointment, you need to confirmed it by clicking the link, just like when you first apply.
And you are good to go my dear subscribers. Your DFA Appointment was rescheduled. You are almost done reading Olanap.com: How to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment guide but please make sure to read also the important reminder before going to your schedule.
What to wear on your DFA Appointment (Photo shoot)
- Eyeglasses / Contact glasses: Eyeglasses should always be removed before capturing the applicant’s photo.The use of contact lenses for medical reasons is accepted, provided that the contact lenses do not change the applicant’s true eye color. Therefore, applicants are advised to take off their contact lenses before having their photos captured.
- Avoid wearing hats and hoodies: As much as possible, both ears of the applicant should be visible.
- Earrings and Hair Accessories: These accessories should be removed prior to photo capturing. Frizzy/afro hairstyles should be neatly arranged showing full frontal facial image. The wearing of earrings is not allowed.
Important reminder when going to your DFA appointment
These rules must also be observed when you set up a DFA appointment for your passport so read all of these below:
- Personal appearance is required for all applicants.
- A confirmed appointments is required for all applicants except for senior citizens, infants and minors below one (1) year old, visibly pregnant women, and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). OFWs must present sufficient proof such as a valid employment contract or OEC.
- Smiling with visible teeth is not allowed during data capturing.
- Data such as suffixes, special characters, and spellings of names must be consistent in all documents such as Birth Certificate, IDs, and supporting documents.
- Make sure that all fields in the Birth Certificate are fill-out correctly.
- Before affixing your signature to certify that the encoded information is accurate and correct, make sure to check the data in the computer monitor and the Enrollment Certificate.
- The passport of a minor applicants shall be released only to the minor’s parents or to an authorized representative with Special Power of Attorney and Affidavit Support of Consent.
- Passports unclaimed after six (6) months will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
- Additional supporting documents may be required as necessary, especially for applicants with dual citizenship and with foreign-sounding family names to prove citizenship.
You are reading Olanap.com: How to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment guide
DFA Passport Processing Fees and Lead Times updated as of July, 2017
Metro Manila (Satellite Consular Offices)
- Regular Processing – 10-15 working days – Fees: Php 950.00
- Expedited Processing – 5-7 working days – Fees: Php 1,200.00
- Regular Processing – 30 working days – Fees: Php 950.00
Outside Metro Manila (Regional Consular Offices)
- Regular Processing – 20 working days -Fees: Php 950.00
- Expedited Processing – 20 working days – Fees: Php 1,200.00
I hope for a successful application for all of you my dear subscribers.
I hope you enjoyed our Olanap.com “How to cancel or reschedule your DFA appointment for your passport” article as always here we are delivering the most updated Online Guide out there. Do not forget to leave a comment below for any clarifications. For updated post you can subscribe to our Mailing list, Bookmark our website or Like our Facebook Page. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Cheers!